If you are a coach and your target audience hangs out on Facebook, one of the best things you can do for your coaching business is to build a Facebook group around your niche or area of expertise.
Here are three reasons why:
At any one time, only 3% of your target audience is ready to buy immediately. Another 7% are open to buying under the right circumstances, but the rest, 90%, are not in the market.
Most marketing efforts are focused only on the small 10% of prospects who are “in-market” and often neglect the remaining 90% who are not.
A Facebook group helps you accumulate everyone interested or curious into one pool where you can nature them over time.
Yes, you may be collecting emails and building a list. But is that enough nowadays?
Email is mostly a one-way communication channel, especially newsletters and email open rates are declining every year.
Unlike email, Facebook groups are two-way communication channels. It’s tough to find any other medium where you can have ongoing discussions with your prospects and clients at-scale, like with your own Facebook group.
You will get to know your prospects, and they will get to know you.
You will be able to answer questions, share your personality, and this will create affinity. Your prospects will feel like they know you and are more likely to want to work with you.
As a coach, you can engage more intimately with your audience inside the Facebook group than you can via email or a blog.
If you’ve ever done face-to-face sales, you know that when a prospect comes to your offices, you have more perceived authority than when you are at their offices.
Often in those situations, the power dynamics of the sales conversation are different because you are in your home turf.
When you own a highly engaged Facebook group, you are automatically the leader inside that group. Your prospects have asked to join YOUR group. That perceived authority carries over into any sales conversations originating from the group.
Also, because of the intimate setting of a group, you can share actionable insights and strategies that your group members can consume, implement and get results from BEFORE they are even part of your coaching program.
Those actionable insights prove your expertise and make the resulting sales conversations easier because you are now answering questions about your coaching, as opposed to convincing the prospects on the merits of working with you.
One strategy we like to use for our clients is the “test & share” strategy. What you do is run experiments and share the results with the group.
Let’s say, for example, you are a sales coach helping loan officers close more deals on the phone. Well, you can ask one group member to participate and implement a new closing technique you are testing and have them share the results (good and bad) with the group.
What this does is make you more authentic and human, even when you fail. Your prospects feel you are on their side and are willing to show the good and the bad. I haven’t found any other medium where you can do this, apart from Facebook groups.
One of the biggest problems within the marketing landscape these days is how easy it is to produce fake testimonials and fake social proof.
This problem makes your prospects wary of any glowing testimonials you may have because they are not easily verifiable.
However, if someone within your group posts how they implement your coaching and how much it helped them AND group members can ask questions, that type of endorsement is invaluable.
The social proof doesn’t even need to be from paying coaching clients.
As you share actionable content within the group, there will be those who take action and implement your tips, strategies and ideas and produce results.
Those results posted by a third party prove to the doubters that your methodologies & strategies work and that increases trust in your brand.
Social proof also increases the overall success rate of your paying clients, as well.
We all know that most people purchase training or get into a coaching program, but never take action.
Well, as they see results from others inside the group, peer pressure will light a fire under them to at least try.
The result is that more people get results and post more success stories, which in turn means you get more clients.
If your audience is active on Facebook, creating a Facebook group will pay dividends for your coaching business long after you have stopped running traffic to your funnel.
As your group grows, you will always have a source you can tap into for new clients-on-demand, as long as you maintain an engaged group.
The sales conversations are a lot easier because your group members already know, like and trust you. And you get better ROI on any of your paid traffic efforts if you are asking everyone on the “Thank you” page to join your group, a good percentage of those leads will eventually become clients.